INCLUSION, EQUALITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
I aim to promote equality and harmonious styles .
I seek to remove any barriers that may prevent people from accessing, participating, progressing, and purchasing greeting cards.
I seek to promote Peace Harmony and Love .
The Inclusion, Equality & Diversity Policy promotes welcoming cards where people are valued highly, and where tolerance, honesty, co - operation and mutual respect for others is fostered. My website is committed, through this policy, to the development of a supportive, secure and creative choice for all people.
Protected characteristics introduced in the 2010 Equality Act:
• This refers to a person belonging to a particular age (e.g. 32 y ear old) or range of ages (e.g. 18 - 30 year olds).
• A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long - term adverse effect on a person's ability to carry out normal day - to - day activities.
• A person who is proposing to undergo, is undergoing or has undergone a process to change their sex .
Marriage and civil partnership
• Marriage has traditionally been defined as ‘a union between a man and a woman’. However, the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013 makes the marriage of same sex couples lawful in England and Wales, while protecting and promoting religious freedom. Civil partnership describes the legal recognition of a same sex couple’s relationship. Civil partners must be treated the same as married couple on a range of legal matters. However, civil partnerships, which became law in 2005, are limited to same sex couples.
Pregnancy and maternity
• Pregnancy is the condition of being pregnant or expecting a baby. Maternity refers to the period after the birth, and is linked to maternity leave in the context of employment . The protected period starts when a woman becomes pregnant and continues until the end of maternity leave.
• Race means a person’s colour, and /or nationality (including citizenship) , and/or ethnic o r national origin .
Religion and belief
• Religion or belief should be taken to mean the full diversity of religious and belief affiliations within the UK, including non - religious and philosophical beliefs.
• This is defined as ‘either a man or a woman’.
• Sexual orientation relates to how people feel and their actions towards people of the same sex, people of the opposite sex or people of either sex .